- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our Vancouver, British Columbia office is seeking a Solid Waste E.I.T. ready to join one of our fastest growing Canadian Operations. You would join our North American solid waste group of 80 professionals. Professional development opportunities through the GHD Business School including internal global technical conferences and external training are available and participation in relevant industry associations is supported and encouraged. Working for GHD includes a competitive benefits package including RRSP matching, commuter incentive, wellness reimbursement, and P.Eng. dues reimbursement. This position is a great opportunity to be part of an established solid waste practice in western Canada with a bright future ahead. We are seeking a technically strong junior engineer with interest and experience in solid waste to one-day grow into a leader within our team.
- Assist the project managers with delivery of solid waste projects on time and on budget for clients requiring permitting, operations support, conceptual design, detailed design, construction management and inspection, and environmental studies
- Contribute to the design landfills, transfer stations, composting facilities and anaerobic digestion facilities
- Aid in preparing technical reports, letters and memoranda
- Coordinate technical resources and personnel including drafters, 3D designers, GIS and database technicians, chemists, geotechnical engineers, hydrologists, hydrogeologists, biologists, and planners to complete solid waste facility designs and plans
- Effectively communicate with existing and prospective clients
- Complete quantity take-offs and cost estimates
- Develop and administer construction contract documents
- Conduct construction inspections and chair construction progress meetings
- Complete regulatory conformance reviews
- Develop studies and designs to support permitting applications under the direction of a senior solid waste engineer
- Participate in liaison with regulators
- Contribute to proposal preparation
- Civil or environmental engineer with a E.I.T. registration in BC, with at least one year experience or strong co-op experience
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with driving record in good standing
- Willingness and ability for overnight travel and to conduct field work, as required
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil3D, surfer, PCSWMM, HELP considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated high level of initiative and team collaboration
- Experience developing design, operations and closure plans
- Knowledge of the BC waste management regulatory regime including the Environmental Management Act, Landfill Criteria for Municipal Solid Waste, Hazardous Waste Regulation, Contaminated Sites Regulation and Water Sustainability Act
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.