- XPO Logistics, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Manager, Carrier Procurement, you will help lead all carrier management functions from carrier selection and implementation to continuous improvement and performance management. You'll also act as the liaison between carrier operations management and XPO associates, and partner with all functions of the business. On our team, you'll have the tools and support to build a career you'll not only be proud of, but one you'll love.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Manage carrier scorecard development and lead business reviews with carriers, including corrective action plans and overall performance monitoring (KPIs, safety, claims, etc.)
- Define business problems, identify solutions and provide analysis and recommendations
- Start, maintain and develop business relationships with all transportation providers; support the communication between carrier and the Operations Management team
- Oversee and monitor all transportation providers operations by working with carriers on service disruption issues; ensure that all customer issues are escalated in an efficient manner, informing the Operations Management and Procurement team of any problems that arise
- Handle the daily communication with carrier operations contacts to ensure a high level of load tender acceptance and on-time delivery; hold carriers accountable for volume commitments to awarded lanes
- Drive results through historical data collection and market trend analytics, leading to actionable processes and metrics; identify new ways to reduce overall freight expense by reviewing transportation methods
- Participate in the improvement and optimization process
- Suggest and implement freight recovery actions to help offset costs
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience with implementations in the transportation or logistics industry
It'd be great if you also have:
- 3 years of combined carrier management and logistics/operations experience, including managing carrier relationships
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access and Project)
- Project management experience
- Experience in two or more of the following disciplines: supply chain management, transportation or distribution
- Solid understanding of transportation carrier contracts, all modes, transit times and networks
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Accommodation email must include:
• Your name
• Job title with location (city/province) and requisition ID
• A clear description of the disability accommodation that you are seeking
More search results
Senior Communications Specialist-Employee Communi…
Toronto Transit Commission
Associate Vice-President, Indigenous Engagement &…
Building Manager II Resident (Killarney Gardens)
Executive Assistant Real Estate & Portfolio Renew…
Senior Communications Specialist, Stakeholder Eng…