Relief Garbage Truck Driver
- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
We are also offering a $2,000 stay on bonus!
Essential Duties of Position: The Relief Driver is responsible for:
- Operating vehicle in accordance with all DOT, OSHA state, and FMCSA requirements
- Wearing required personal protective equipment for the job and maintaining a neat and professional appearance at all times
- Pre-Trip the vehicle every morning before leaving work grounds, recognizing and documenting any maintenance needs on your VCR
- Safety of truck, equipment, and Helpers
- Maintaining commercial, industrial or residential route; following the Routeware, Route Tablet or paper copies of route, list and/or service tickets continuously throughout shift
- Ensuring all customers' refuse and recycling containers are replaced properly and containment areas are free of debris
- Ensuring all customer interactions by Driver are polite and courteous
- Perform all duties as scheduled by Dispatch or Managers and assist other company drivers as directed
- Doing a thorough Post-Trip and cleaning the vehicle inside and out at the end of shift
- Route documentation to be completed and turned in to Dispatch at end of shift
- Communicate via radio, and/or cellular phone, with dispatch as requested
- Must be able and willing to drive trucks for at least 3 lines of business, and able and willing to acquire the licenses and skill necessary to perform the functions required for any additional lines of business performed at the District.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess organization and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to read a map and apply basic map reading skills
- Positive attitude; excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and interact positively with others
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate via radio and/or cellular phone
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs frequently and/or continuously during route and/or push large containers on wheels weighing approximately 1,000 lbs
- Must sign an 18 month commitment letter.
- Must be or willing to immediately become a Non-Union employee.
Level of Education required to meet minimum qualifications:
High School Graduate or equivalent
Minimum Certifications Required:
Class B Commercial Drivers License with a clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
Position reports to: Operations Management
Number of Direct Reports (if applicable): None
HEAVY: Ability to perform heavy, physically demanding work. Physical effort may include lifting, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive bending/twisting motions. Clarity of vision to see near, mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 70 lbs repeatedly throughout shift.
Heavy work in varying outdoor weather conditions with exposure to extremely cold temperatures, wind, snow, and ice. Potential exposure to hazardous materials. Exposure to exhaust fumes, garbage fumes and odors.
Driving Requirements: Must have a valid Washington State Commercial Drivers License; must be able to meet all DOT requirements.
Responsible for fair and equitable treatment of people in the workplace.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. In the Relief Position, management may elect to waive all or some of the above requirements due to hiring the right candidate for the position.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)