Senior Enterprise Information Management Analyst
- Canada Samuel, Son & Co
- Job Category
- Technical and Skilled Trades
- Job Type
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
We are seeking a Senior Enterprise Information Analyst to join our team in Oakville, ON.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Pension plan with company match
- Opportunity for fast advancement and career growth
- Design and develop cubes (i.e. Tabular and multi-dimensional)
- Develop and maintain Business Intelligence reporting and Samuel One Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Scope, plan a variety of reports, analytics, dashboards, and metrics using Microsoft Power BI and SSRS.
- Develop/Maintain Master Data management (MDM) process and tools (i.e. Maestro).
- Extensive experience with developing and implementing complex ETLs using SSIS.
- Actively validate data being retrieved from source systems.
- Design and configure Samuel corporate reporting portal.
- Gather business requirements and determine business needs and scope for projects.
- Liaise with technical and non-technical departments to create an effective end user experience.
- Monitor report usage and speed to attain the highest level of achievable performance.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Samuel enterprise data warehouse.
- Actively participate in any corporate reporting portal upgrades.
- Provide training to EIM team on developing BI dashboard/reports
- Provide training to end users on performing self-serve reporting/analytics
- Reacts to time sensitive issues when problems occur
- Complete assigned tasks/projects within due dates
Increasing BI / Sigma Effectiveness
- Have an active relationship with key business leaders to determine “pain points” and actively develop reporting solutions.
- Stay current with industry trends, advise and educate management on their relative importance and impact
- Identify data patterns and data insights that could help with metrics and reporting
- Assist with project management activities
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Extensive experience and passion for business intelligence and data warehousing.
- Experience in the metal manufacturing and/or distribution space would be considered a definite asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP systems is required, however Microsoft D365FO would be preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must to succeed in this position.
- Ability to learn quickly inside of a team environment.
- Must have at least 7 years’ experience working with SQL language and SQL Server 2012/2016 BI stack:
- Stored Procedures
- SSIS (Developing ETLs)
- SSAS (Tabular models and Multi-dimensional OLAP cubes, DAX and MDX scripting)
- Must have experience with tabular cube builds in SSAS and Master data management.
- Must be able to gather business requirements from end users
- Must have experience with Microsoft Power BI or similar BI tool, i.e. Microstrategy.
- Nice to have experience with Microsoft Modern data platform (Azure Data factory, SQL Azure DW, Data lake BYOD)
- Ability to program in XML, CSS, .NET and web based languages would be an asset.
- Flare for presenting information to a variety of users.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to interact effectively with team members and business users.