Project Engineer, Electrical - Senior
- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on building lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to balanced development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD is growing our Edmonton office and the western region, and expanding a new energy sector and power generation as well as focusing on our market leadership in Environment and Water Design Services. As the result of this growth, GHD will be adding project management and design staff to the western Canadian region. We have a current opening for a Project Engineer – Electrical to join our team. We are seeking a dynamic individual that can add value, integrity, and high quality of work product to our multi-discipline design team and contribute to our continued success.
- Function within a consulting engineering environment to support ongoing multi-discipline engineering projects for new and existing clients in the markets we serve
- Be able to support project managers on projects we execute in FEED/FEL stages through detailed design
- Participate in the response to RFI’s, Bid Requests, feasibility discussions, and Proposal effort to confirm scope, budget, and scheduling required to perform the requested services
- Extensive experience in project execution plans development, creating WBS, create progress reporting plans, coordinate engineering schedule and provide leadership to multi-discipline team.
- Aid in the development of time & materials and/or competitive lump sum pricing to perform engineering service
- Adapt to the client culture and learn the measures of success
- Gather information and provide feedback toward project-reporting metrics to ensure up-to-date informed status of projects from initial stages through delivery and final archiving
- Participate in project review meetings with internal design team and with clients to discuss issues, notate meeting minutes, and develop action item lists as part of project record keeping
- Capture scope deviations as they occur and analyze impact against current working agreements
- Have involvement with projects from beginning stages through close out
- Act in the capacity of a GHD Leader by being part of the management team, performing work to industry and client standards, and operating with the highest regard toward ethical business practices
- Follow and adhere to all plant site safety and administrative procedures
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- Professional engineering designation register with APEGA
- 10+ years of engineering experience with large projects in power, industrial facilities , chemicals, refining, pipeline and other heavy industries
- Background with collaborating with project stakeholders like plant engineering, operations, maintenance, and construction staff
- Strong written and oral communications skills and ability to conduct meetings and presentations with clients and design team members
- Knowledgeable of industry practices in project management and performance benchmarking using earned value concepts
- Aptitude to read and understand P&ID’s and other process equipment installation drawings
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of types of construction drawings and details required for each discipline
- Self-starter, highly motivated, pleasant demeanor, and able to lead by example
- Physical ability to make field trips to review project scopes, grasp project complexities, and gauge potential safety issues
GHD is a large, well established organization with a culture that promotes safety, teamwork, integrity and respect. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career through the GHD Business School.
To learn more about why GHD is the perfect place to bring your career check out our website www.ghd.com.
As a multicultural organization, we support individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.