Business Support Manager
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new full time opportunity for a Business Support Manager to join our NSW Team, based in North Sydney. This role is responsible for ensuring that a high performance culture is maintained in our Sydney office through managing, coaching and providing guidance to the Business Support Team and liaising with our Business Support Managers nationally to ensure a coordinated approach to managing support functions.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with our Principals and Associates, Sector Leaders, Group Leaders and HR to ensure consistent messaging across the office and to deliver on business objectives;
- Supporting the management team to deliver initiatives linked to projects, programs or broader organizational needs;
- Ensuring that the office operates effectively and efficiently to deliver on internal and external stakeholders and clients needs;
- Overseeing the business support team which includes facilities management, administration and reception staff to ensure high levels of service delivery;
- Maintaining awareness of, and supporting client facing activities planned for the office/state;
- Managing existing office assets and procurement of new assets, and preparing and managing budgets for office assets and expenses;
- Providing appropriate and functional workplace accommodation and facilities are managed effectively; and
- Ensuring that office-based safety initiatives are being undertaken in collaboration with the HSSE team.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Strong office administration skills including a high proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Previous experience in a professional services environment and an understanding of the consulting industry will be highly regarded;
- Good working knowledge of financial reports and accounting, particularly as it relates to business support and office accommodation;
- Ability to think on your feet, show initiative, be flexible and drive for positive results with personal and professional integrity;
- Proven capability leading and managing others, with a high level of professionalism, transparency and openness;
- Positive outlook with strong influencing and negotiating skills; and
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, client focus and service deliver skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading specialised employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 155 offices in more than 40 countries, Golder's 7,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.