Technical Director - Gravity & Arch Engineering
- Job Category
- Job Type
The primary functions in your role as a Technical Director – Gravity & Arch Engineering will be to provide technical leadership on dams and specifically concrete gravity and arch dam engineering projects. Actively participate in client relationship management, business development, development of proposals, reports and technical analysis. Show leadership in achieving on time and on budget project completion as well as mentoring and developing other team members.
- Work closely with clients to achieve successful project outcomes
- Foster and maintain relationships with existing internal and external clients
- Develop new client relationships
- Develop strategies for targeting market sectors, individual clients and specific projects
- Represent GHD in the dams and spillway design industries
- Develop and mentor team members
- Actively participate in Dams service line initiatives
- Build effective relationships with Team Leaders, Business Group Managers, Client Relationship Managers, Market Leaders, Service Line Leaders and other key people
- Provide technical leadership, and provide innovative and robust solutions based on individual field of expertise and experience
- Prepare winning proposals
- Lead feasibility and technical studies
- Produce technical reports
- Ensure accuracy in study and design outputs
- Strong technical capability across dams and spillway engineering, including all project phases from planning and approvals to operation and closure
- Extensive experience of detail design and execution phases
- Strong knowledge of relevant Canadian and USA standards, industry guidelines and current industry practices
- Established industry profile through participation in professional associations
- Ability to manage and coordinate interfaces with other disciplines (eg. environmental, hydrological, mechanical, civil, structural, I&C)
- Demonstrated application of Safety in Design principles
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables, particularly proposals and reports
- Proven ability to develop good client relationships with focus on customer service
- Ability to influence others, good persuading skills
- Ability to establish a network of contacts of clients and working partners
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and deliver quality projects on time and within budget
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and team development skills, cooperation with team members with sharing of information and knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Commercially minded
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of competency with Microsoft Office suite of software
- Knowledge of common dams and spillway design software
Key Performance Indicators:
- Demonstration of GHD’s core values of safety, teamwork, respect and integrity
- Profile outside of GHD
- Work won for new clients
- Repeat work for internal and external clients
- Strengthened personal and team technical capability
- Positive client feedback
- Timely delivery of services to meet scope, quality and budget requirements
- Compliance with HSE, QA document control requirements
- Teamwork, cooperation, open communication
- Exceed personal utilization target
- Bachelor Degree in Civil / Structural engineering
- 15 years of experience relevant to dams projects
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and inclusion, and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.