- Waste Connections, Inc.
- North Charleston,SC
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Carolina Waste is looking for a safety conscious DriverHelper to join the team at our location in North Charleston, SC.
The Helper position is responsible for helping the driver of a garbage truck on specified routes to manually collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites.
Typical job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Ride on garbage truck to assist the Driver service customers - will load refuse bags and bring containers to the truck for proper disposal.
- Directing the truck driver when backing
- Assisting with vehicle maintenance
- Operate packing mechanisms and levers to activate the loading arm
- Clean the packer blade and truck body
- Deliver positive customer service interactions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This is a very physical job working outside in all weather conditions.
Monday-Friday day shift starting around 5:30am, with occasional Saturdays.
What We Offer -
Good pay, family benefits, 401k, vacation and a great management team.
Garbage is very stable and we work year round.
Job Requirements -
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly throughout the day.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)