GTC Supervisor, Global Traffic
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The GTC Supervisor, Global Traffic is responsible for developing and ensuring operational use of shipping and receiving related trade compliance processes, tools and systems required to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The successful candidate will be proficient with U.S. Regulations (EAR, ITAR, Foreign Trade, Customs and BATFE) and with Non-U.S. trade requirements. The Supervisor will lead the development of Traffic procedures, standard work and unit operational processes and will lead efforts to effectively integrate and validate their successful implementation in business operations. The GTC Supervisor will lead the development and use of key performance metrics and driver measures for the corporate Traffic function and in business unit level trade operations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide functional leadership for traffic personnel in business unit operations in coordination with business operations leadership and corporate trade peers.
- Set goals for performance and produce dashboards, metrics and indicators as needed to effectively manage by exception and demonstrate performance to goals for leadership.
- Train, develop, lead and motivate traffic personnel.
- Ensure shipment documentation (e.g. invoice, packing list, bill of lading, pre-advice) is properly completed in support of traffic activities and store records in required records locations.
- Work closely with the GTC Technology team to ensure that company tools are enough to meet traffic needs, document standard work related to the use of those tools for the traffic team.
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager of Global Customs to manage import transactions and customs brokerage providers.
- Provide recommendations and solutions for complex traffic and logistics challenges.
- Monitor the use of import and export licenses and authorizations to ensure lawful transactions, ensure all licenses are properly decremented in the system or record.
- Monitor business deliverables for shipment and customer and financial targets to actively support business goals while achieving lawful transactions.
- Identify and manage shipment exceptions effectively in order to achieve on time performance to internal and external deadlines.
- Stop transactions when required to ensure lawful transactions.
- Ensure Electronic Export Information is properly completed for U.S. operations; monitor ACE reports, periodically assess transactions and ensure corrections and updates are properly completed for the businesses. Develop processes to monitor similar requirements in the Non-U.S. locations in which FLIR operates.
- Ensure import and export transactions and records are properly managed and stored by receiving personnel globally. Monitor temporary import and export transactions to comply with authorization terms and conditions.
- Coordinate with Investigations/Disclosures, Corrective Actions and Audit as necessary to support their activities (e.g. records retrieval, research, etc.).
- US Citizenship.
- Demonstrated capability to develop and implement both U.S. and Non-U.S. traffic related export and import processes required.
- 6 - 8+ years of prior traffic, export/import control related experience required.
- US Government experience (e.g. DOS, DOC, DOD) a plus.
- Familiarity with DSS and DOD requirements desired.
- Previous experience working with representatives of government agencies desired (e.g. U.S. Customs, Census, State, Commerce).
- Strong ability to interact comfortably at all levels in the organization with an ability to effectively integrate regulatory requirements into different functional areas in business operations (e.g. business development, order fulfillment, supply chain, logistics, etc.).
- Strong program management, analytical, presentation, writing and computer skills required.
- Candidate must be a highly-motivated self-starter with the skills and temperament to function effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment and within a corporate trade team.
- Previous experience with continuous improvement and program management across multiple business units desired.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, positive demeanor, willingness to seek counsel or guidance when needed, strong team skills, excellent leadership skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels in the organization (both written and verbal) are key requirements for this position.
- The Supervisor will be expected to collaborate with people from a variety of areas in the enterprise, so the right candidate will be capable of leading change by listening, consulting, making data driven decisions and leveraging industry expertise.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.