Project Controls Specialist - Industrial Projects
- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
We offer a professional and friendly culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. We also provide attractive career and professional development through the GHD Business School.
GHD's Edmonton office is looking for a Project Controls Specialist.
- Develop WBS and CBS for major project
- Develop and lead Project Deliverable list and Engineering Work Packages
- Develop and maintain baseline schedules
- Update project schedules with guidance from partners
- Monitor KPIs, hour and cost progress (CPI/SPI), identifying variances
- Review scope changes and prepare claims of schedule and cost impact including what if analysis
- Experience in progress measurement and rule of credits.
- Prepare weekly, monthly project reports, graphs and cost/schedule performance reports
- Degree or diploma in a related field, working towards PMP
- 3+ years of experience with an engineering consulting firm
- Working knowledge in scheduling and costing software including MS Office and Primavera
- Must have a solid understanding of core project control concepts (WBS, CPI, SPI),
- Must be well organized and possess good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career development potential and a competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience in a privately held, quality driven and client focused company.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.