- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Bay Disposal has an immediate position available for a Laborer at our location in Hampton, VA. The Laborer position is responsible for helping the driver of a garbage truck on specified routes to manually collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites. Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years of work experience as well as a stable work history, preferably in a labor type position. We are looking to hire safety conscious individuals that are able to work outside in all weather conditions and handle any labor task that is assigned.
What We Offer -
- We provide an essential service to the communities we serve. Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
- Good pay, family benefits, 401(k), vacation, and a great management team.
- Work alongside the driver of a residential garbage truck and assist in the manual collection of solid waste or recyclable material.
- This is a labor-intensive position requiring regular heavy lifting and climbing in and out of the truck.
- This position will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.
- This is a full time, year round position. A typical schedule for this position is Monday - Friday with occasional Saturdays as needed, approximately 50-55 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Requires frequent bending, stretching, throwing, reaching, lifting and jogging.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts, which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Physical stamina - Must be able to continually lift 50+ lbs throughout a 10-12 hour shift.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Must pass pre-employment, future, and random drug screening tests.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Valid driver's license required.
If you would like to chat immediately with a virtual assistant click here: https://olivia.paradox.ai/co/WasteConnections/SusieLabor
Join our team today!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)