Chemical Lab Technician
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Optical Technician performs functions associated with inspection and cleaning of precision crystalline optical components in a manufacturing environment. We are looking for individuals that are self- motivated, able to multitask, adjust priorities, and maintain quality throughout the processes. The person must be organized, detailed orientated, able to handle small fragile optical components and work within a manufacturing Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Thorough cleaning of precision optical components to support production.
- Able to understand and follow documented procedures, including use of chemicals (Acetone, Ethanol, Acid, Base) and various industrial equipment to thoroughly clean optical components.
- Optical and mechanical inspection of optics to verify they meet specification.
- Able to understand and follow documented procedures, including microscopes, autocollimators, and various measuring equipment to thoroughly inspect optics.
- Detailed record keeping and maintaining component identification throughout the processes.
- Identify areas of improvement related to cleaning, inspection, and work-flow processes that contribute to continuous improvement in the work area.
- Labeling, packaging, and preparing parts for shipping and or next stage of manufacturing.
- Performing various tasks on the computer including tracking and updating component orders, SAP entry, and creating/revising work procedures.
- US Citizenship
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Collaborative Team Member
- Basic understanding of computer applications (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic manufacturing production setting
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable working with very small and fragile parts
- Able to read Mechanical Prints
- 3+ years in manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge, use, and handling of chemicals
- This position requires working with various cleaning chemicals, including Ethanol, Acetone, KOH, and Sulfuric Acid.
- Able to use microscopes for extended periods of time
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.