Transfer Station Equipment Operator
- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections in Vancouver, WA is looking to hire a full time year round Heavy Equipment Operator to work at our location off of Fruit Valley Road. Qualified candidates must have Dozer, Excavator, Small Wheel Loader and or backhoe experience.
We are looking for asafety minded Heavy Equipment Operator to join the team. We are looking for Experienced Yellow Iron Equipment Operators who can operate 938 CAT small wheel Front end Loaders, Excavator, Backhoe, Forklifts, Z-boom hi-lift, Yard Goats and Roll-off trucks (in the yard) .
Starting rate of pay is $18.50/HR and will increase to $19.50/HR after 90 days of employment and pending a positive performance review. Hours will be Tuesday Through Friday 9:30am to 6:00pm and Saturday 8:00am -4:30Pm with Sunday and Monday off.
What we offer:
- Yearly Safety Bonuses
- Yearly Boot Allowance
- Paid Time off
- 401k Program
- Year Round Full Time work
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to efficiently operate bulldozers, wheel loaders, excavator and off road dump trucks. Compactor experience preferred.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment is required.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)