Junior Environmental Engineer, Contaminated Site and Remediation
- St. Catharines,ON
- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
GHD is looking for new or recent graduate to join us as a Junior Environmental Engineer in our St. Catharines office.
The St. Catharines office is home to teams that specialize in environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, civil engineering, emergency response, and education and training. The environmental engineering team supports brownfield redevelopment projects, completes environmental assessments, provides environmental services to the insurance industry, and develops and manages long term operation, maintenance, and monitoring of remedial systems and risk management measures.
- Assist in the preparation of project related technical documents including environmental reports, technical specifications, and drawings for review.
- Field work and oversight associated with environmental investigations and remediation activities will be required, and will include drilling, soil sampling, well installation, groundwater sampling, surface water sampling, excavation, vapour sampling, etc.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelors of Environmental Engineering, or equivalent
- 0 - 2 years’ of experience in the environmental engineering field
- Willingness to travel to undertake field work is required (field demands can include working long hours, working in inclement weather conditions, and working in remote locations)
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail
- Flexible with project types and responsibilities
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills to effectively express technical information to multiple audiences including subcontractors, field staff, clients, colleagues, etc.
- Valid driver's license (an MVR check will be performed prior to hire)
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.