- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a mid to senior-level Decision and Risk Analyst to join our Systems team in our Redmond, Washington office. Golder conducts world-class probabilistic "performance" evaluations (including risk assessment/analysis), often with explicit decision analysis, to help develop defensibly optimal plans (including risk management), using a variety of methods/tools (some of which we have developed) on a wide variety of projects for public and private clients worldwide. Typical application areas include capital project (cost/schedule) risk assessments/management, geotechnical (e.g., landslide and dam/dike safety) risk evaluations/mitigation, and systems analyses (e.g., pipeline and water balance evaluations).
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key clients by being responsive and providing exceptional technical expertise.
- Conduct (either in a lead or supporting role) specific probabilistic performance evaluation (possibly including decision analysis) technical studies, including:
- Structuring the analysis and developing conceptual models based on provided available information and discussions (possibly including stakeholders);
- Planning and facilitating (as well as assisting) interviews with or workshops attended by relevant subject matter experts (SMEs) to confirm conceptual models and develop defensible input parameters, and possibly identify/evaluate/recommend plan changes (risk mitigations)
- Developing (as well as reviewing) appropriate probabilistic performance evaluation and decision analysis models;
- Writing (as well as reviewing) technical reports documenting the evaluation and findings; and
- Presenting and discussing the technical report material with clients (and possibly stakeholders).
- Plan and manage projects and attend client meetings.
- Perform (either in a lead or supporting role) business development activities, including client contact/presentations, proposal writing, and professional society participation.
- Serve as an internal technical resource to provide guidance/review to help ensure technical quality within Golder as well as mentoring to junior-level Golder staff.
Skills and qualifications needed for this position include:
- Post-graduate degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study with a probabilistic focus (geotechnical background is preferred, but not required).
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a variety of infrastructure projects, ideally in a consulting environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in probabilistic performance evaluation and decision analysis (e.g., through published papers on the topic).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and conduct probabilistic performance evaluation and decision analysis using various tools and methods for various application types and complexities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including making presentations, leading discussions, technical documentation, proposal/report writing, etc.), including English fluency.
- Working knowledge of probabilistic simulation software (e.g., @Risk, GoldSim, etc.) and Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to quickly recognize significant discrepancies, but also able to synthesize/abstract holistically.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Willing and able to listen, quickly learn, assimilate information, and adapt.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Willing and able to travel (including internationally, typically less than one week duration) and "perform on-stage" for extended periods.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure;
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and,
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.