- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
As a member of our elite Waste Connections Operations team, you will be signing up for a company that is committed to our employee's long-term career development and success. If you are open to relocation and willing to learn new tasks and challenges, Waste Connections wants you to be part of our Operations team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in growing with the company and with goals of advancing to higher -level management positions within 1-3 years.
We have an immediate need for a dynamic and talented Operations Specialist position in Eugene, OR.
- Supervise personnel, which typically include hiring, firing and performance management through employee evaluations, training, work allocation, problem resolution and enforcing progressive discipline.
- Approaching all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Manage daily administrative operations of a department including establishing work priorities; assist in resolving problems related to the day-to-day operations of the unit
- Manage Purchase Orders for the district, process invoices for payment, mail checks to vendors, answer vendor questions.
- Review, reconcile, and evaluate monthly ledgers, budgets, and financial reporting system reports, assist with fiscal planning, development, and management of annual budgets
- Oversee, coordinate, maintain, and/or process payroll time sheets, sick and annual leave documents, travel reimbursements, purchasing documents, and/or employment documents for faculty, staff, and students
- Provide and/or oversee the provision of administrative assistance and support to the district manager, to include problem solving, project planning and management, fiscal management, day-to-day office coordination, and secretarial services
- Assist with the development and implementation of reporting procedures; oversee maintenance of department records and/or inventories
- Oversee and provide personal computer functions such as scheduled and special reports, correspondence, and database management
- May coordinate office assignments for the administrative staff
- Coordinate department programs, seminars, workshops, travel arrangements, special projects, and/or events; may coordinate program/project development and planning
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Promote Waste Connections standard operating procedures, which assure efficient environmentally correct and safe workplace practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; minimum Associates Degree required
- 2 years directly related management expertise in administration
- Management experience in a call center environment is preferred
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Knowledge of accounting procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of management principles and practices
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)