- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Software Engineer will work on project teams to provide a broad range of software development expertise for various applications. The primary applications will be for products intended to provide U.S. DoD Soldiers with new capabilities to address Chemical, Biological, and Nuclear missions. The software developed will be integrated with
The candidate will be responsible for all software engineering lifecycle processes including requirements gathering, analysis, design, programming, debugging, unit testing, of new development and sustaining of existing applications. Develop applications that require a broad range of technical expertise from instrument control to GUI development to complex algorithm development. This position includes involvement with the customer, project hardware development team, and subcontractors. Responsibilities include planning and tracking your own work schedules.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- New software application development
- Integration and test of software applications with deliverable systems
- Debugging and troubleshooting software integrated with deliverable systems
- Sustainment of software applications after fielding
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years (10 years preferred) relevant experience in software development
- Experience with a variety of software development languages, including Java, C++
- Experience with developing for a variety of operating systems/platforms, including Linux (specifically Ubuntu), Android x86, and Windows 10
- Experience with development tools, including IntelliJ and Android Studio Integrated Development Environments, Git Source Code Control, and Confluence.
- Able to troubleshoot problems alone and with a team
- Able to use standard Linux tools to trouble shoot problems (logging, network, processes)
- Able and willing to quickly learn new tools and frameworks
- Self-motivated and efficient without close supervision
- Ability to understand and decompose requirements, use cases, and story boards to understand when development should be transitioned to integration/test vs. gold-plating
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.