- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a full-time Senior Structural Engineer to join our team our Elko, Nevada office.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide technical leadership on projects and company resources for structural system design and development
- Develop structural system design solutions based on engineering principles and presentations to the clients
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers
- Ensure relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all engineering design
- Support proposal efforts through technical concept development and budgeting activities
- Interpret client requirements and identify and address design parameters
- Mentor junior engineers
- Perform structural design work including:
- Structural calculations including structure sizing, load estimations, compensating for mechanical vibrations, dealing with corrosive and harsh environments, material selection, and specifications
- Perform engineering to specify and size structural aspects and supports of mechanical equipment
- Perform building design to meet international and local design codes
- Prepare technical documents including specifications, data-sheets, technical bid analysis, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer's licensure in Nevada or other states where Golder operates
- At least 10 years' experience in mining projects including underground mining infrastructure, com minution circuits, material handling, concentrator, SX-EW, tailings impoundment infrastructure, slurry and water pump-stations and pipelines, etc.
- 10 years' experience in an architectural and engineering (A&E) design, engineering or consultancy firm working on mining projects
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure;
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages;
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and,
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.