Industrialization Project Engineer
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR ITS is a world leader in Intelligent Transportation Systems. Our main purpose is saving lives and livelihoods by making traffic more safe and fluent. Typical applications are vehicle detection, pedestrian detection, vehicle counting, fire detection in tunnels and traffic jam detection. More information on our company and products can be found on https://www.flir.com/traffic .
Within the R&D Department, the Hardware Team is responsible for the development of new innovative ITS products, including the industrialization of these products. To support the continuous growth and new product portfolio, this team is looking for a motivated and experienced industrialization project engineer. Your main responsibility will be to make sure that the transfer of product developments is done correctly and timely from our R&D department to subcontractors, who do the actual production. These product developments can be either new products or changes to existing products. In this role you will interact with many stakeholders: R&D Engineers, R&D Project Managers, Logistics Manager, Subcontractors, Quality Manager, Product Managers, etc. After a training and introduction period, you will be responsible for:
- Technical project management and support during the industrialization phase of ITS products. In close cooperation with the R&D project manager, you will:
- Participate in the R&D product project teams.
- Create and align the industrialization planning with the R&D product planning.
- Create and follow up the test tooling plan.
- Monitor the development of in-house developed test tooling and acceptance by the manufacturing department of our production partners.
- Coordinate the development of external developed test tooling, from the initial test requirements to the approval of the test tooling by our production partners.
- Monitor and review the implementation of the test tooling at our subcontractors.
- Review and approval of the assembly manual from our production partners.
- Technical hands-on support at the production facility during the early samples, pre-production and mass-production runs.
- Coordination and technical support of all R&D production support activities. In close cooperation with the quality and manufacturing manager, you will:
- Guide and coordinate new improvement projects and actions.
- Support during factory audits.
- Coordinate the maintenance program of existing test tooling.
- Technical support at the production facilities during maintenance phase.
- Technical support in R&D department.
- You will report directly to the Team leader R&D Hardware.
- To qualify for this role you preferably have a Master or Bachelor in Mechanics, Product Design or related engineering discipline.
- You have a relevant experience as Mechanical Design or project engineer in a high technological and multidisciplinary R&D or Engineering environment with a strong knowledge of design for manufacturing and assembly.
- You have experience in leading (OEM / ODM) projects and supplier management.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and a high level of responsibility and commitment.
- You have strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to drive for deadlines.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- Experience in Solid Works and in Solid Works Enterprise PDM are a plus.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.