- New Bedford,MA
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Are you passionate about Sushi and great customer service?
Our dynamic and diverse team is hiring an Experienced Sushi Chef for a busy Ocean side tourist spot!
Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years experience making sushi in an independent environment, be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced manner, and provide great service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare rice and process incoming deliveries of fresh seafood
- Make sushi during services adhering to standardized recipes and specifications
- Ensure that the food preparation, quality and presentation meet organizational standards
- Perform kitchen work station opening and closing duties
- Report any concerns, incidents, losses or damages to Sous Chef and Supervisor
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Read food order slips and prepare and prepare food according to instructions.
- Measure ingredients and portioning seafood for individual dishes
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings
- Other related duties as required
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
- Full-time, paid work.
- Staff accommodations
- There are no fees for job seekers.
- Opportunity to Travel across America and experience different positions in a number of different locations.
- Six-month placements available for our annual summer and winter sessions.
Housing is covered!
- We arrange housing for the duration of your time with us!
- The program works in groups so if you have friends you would like to live with, make sure you apply together!
- At least 2 years experience working with sushi
- Catering and cafeteria experience is an asset
- Must be over 21 and be legally able to work in the United States
- Provide a clear police record
- A sense of adventure!