- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Hydrogeologist to join our Sacramento, Sunnyvale, or Walnut Creek CA office locations. This individual will provide field and office support for hydrogeologic characterization, environmental investigations, water resources assessment, and operational water management.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical expertise and/or support for geologic and hydrogeologic investigations, hydrogeologic testing, geologic and hydrogeologic visualization, analytical and numerical groundwater flow modeling, contaminated sites investigations, and development of conceptual site models.
- Performing and leading field data collection, data interpretation and evaluation, and preparation of technical reports.
- Assisting in developing and executing strategic marketing and client/sector pursuits.
- Project management and regulatory agency communications, with responsibilities appropriate to the level of experience of the individual
- Proposal writing and maintaining/developing client relationships to ensure project delivery and generation or repeat business.
- A strong academic background in hydrogeology, with a bachelor's degree in environmental science/hydrogeology, geology, geosciences, or similar field.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience; preferably in a consulting practice.
- Demonstrable experience in hydrogeologic data collection, groundwater sampling, hydrogeologic testing and analysis, and numerical groundwater flow modeling.
- Knowledge of best practices for site investigations/characterization (e.g., logging boreholes; designing, installing, and developing wells; and environmental site assessment) and sampling procedures (e.g., soil, water, soil gas, air, and hazardous waste).
- Proven experience and success working in the remediation, water resources and/or mining industries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state regulatory programs (e.g. MTCA, RCRA, CERCLA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with willingness to work as part of a group.
- Willing to travel.
- Prior project experience in the Pacific Northwest is highly desired.
- A Master's Degree in environmental science/hydrogeology, geology, geosciences, or similar field.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ArcGIS, MODFLOW, R, Python, etc.
- Strong project management experience of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with environmental statistics and site closure strategies is highly desired.
- Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Professional Geologist (PG) and/or Licensed Hydrogeologist (LHg) and/or Certified Water Rights Examiner (CWRE).
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and developing junior staff.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training
- MSHA Part 46 Training for Surface Miners
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure;
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and,
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video .