- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
We are looking for a driven individual to join us as a Compactor Repair Technician!
- Diagnoses mechanical problems.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on hydraulic and electrical components (110/120 VAC - 480 VAC) on various types of trash compactors.
- Tests compactors to troubleshoot problems and/or tests repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or driver for clarification of problems.
- Discusses preventive techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounts for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Previous compactor repair experience preferred .
- Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic, electrical systems and welding.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Class B CDL with Air Brakes preferred .
- State MVR a plus.
- Proficiency in equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran).