- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Scheduling Assistant
Department: Environmental Services
Hours:Monday to Friday, 1100 - 1900; Saturday and Sunday, 1300 - 2100 (Hours may be subject to change based on operational needs)
The scheduling assistant is primarily responsible for providing support to the supervisors in creating and maintaining the staff schedule for a large department according to the CUPE collective agreement within a unionized environment. Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and maintaining staff schedule for posting , for support services all three sites
- Making any inputs or revisions to e-schedule for vacation, stat days and time off requests.
- Replacing shifts and distributing shifts accordingly
- Ensures any time conflicts or staffing availability issues are forwarded for resolution
- Completes all staff replacements and records on Schedule Communication Log, daily rosters, and e-schedule
- Ensures proper staffing levels to prepare the schedule by generating the necessary data fields
- Other administrative duties as required
- Demonstrates active, personal, customer involvement; visibility; open-mindedness.
- Offers professional service to facility staff, internal and external customers, and suppliers.
- Promotes team orientation, effective communication and accountability. Maintains confidentiality and integrity.
- Coordinates and promotes the effective operations of the daily office activities including the input of payroll.
- Greet incoming calls by the use of phone etiquette standards to accurately dispatch calls to the designated service areas.
- Maintains effective hospital/facility relationships and communication to provide the excellent quality of service to the Hospital and Community
- Complies with organization, department specific and Human Resources policies and procedures. Possesses awareness of and willingness to learn about current regulatory agency/accreditation requirements and guidelines.
- Initiates and processes data input for Environmental Services, Plant Operations and Maintenance, Biomedical Engineering, Linen Distribution, Safety/Security, Materials Management and Transport requests in a prompt turnaround time.
- Ongoing learning and actively providing feedback on best practice.
Halton Healthcareis seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused; team players; effective communicators; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- Community college diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience in a comparable position required
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Requires good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working in a hospital setting preferred
- Demonstrates ability to effectively prioritize and organize multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision as well as within the Environmental Services Team
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position which requires frequent sitting, standing, bending, and reaching.
- Knowledge of the CUPE 815 Collective Agreement would be an asset
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted:September 29, 2020
Internal Applications Due By:October 6, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.