- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Unit Clerk
Department: Nephrology Program
Status:Part-time (must provide availability up to 0.6 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Sunday - Days & Evenings - 8 hour shifts (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
The Unit Clerk will primarily provide support in the Kidney Function Clinic, Independent Dialysis and will provide coverage in Hemodialysis as required.In this fast paced environment, the Unit Clerk will effectively communicate and coordinate clerical activities for the interdisciplinary team, other departments, other hospitals, patients, patients' families, and visitors; register patients and establish and maintain patients' charts and records; collaborate with Clinical Resource Nurse and Patient Care Manager to ensure appropriate staffing on a daily basis; book procedures, tests, meetings, etc. with appropriate departments and informs patients, physicians, and nurses of arranged times and tests; maintains and updates computerized database and log books appropriate to each department; completes payroll for staff; prepares various reports for Nephrologists and Clinic staff as required; assists with minute taking at monthly meetings; performs other duties as assigned.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- One (1) year recent relevant clerical experience in a healthcare setting, or recent Medical Office Administration Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution required
- Medical terminology certificate required
- Minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Must have fast and accurate computer data entry skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience working in hemodialysis or with a renal patient population would be an asset
- Experience using patient related databases
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently in a busy environment
- Proven attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to handle a complexity of tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organization, problem solving and judgment skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Able to diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position: prolonged periods of time sitting; standing; walking; and pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment.
- Satisfactory employment record and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centred care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary:$20.26 to $25.29 per hour
Date Posted:September 29, 2020
Internal applications due by:October 6, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.