- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an HSSE Specialist to join our HSSE team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver.
An overview of your role will include:
- Builds partnerships with Business Unit Leaders within the BC region to understand strategic business goals and needs, assesses HSSE or other implications, and implements strategies to align HSSE services to support the attainment of business goals
- Contributes to strategic planning, development, review, and implementation of regional HSSE initiatives, policies, and processes
- Supports the implementation of applicable systems and the external and internal audit program
- Responsible for the set up and implementation of all high-risk projects within their Business Unit
- Responsible for COR Audit Programme for their Business Unit
- Ensures compliance with Global HSSE requirements / systems within their scope of authority.
- Provides support to the subcontractor approval process including subcontractor reviews and maintaining records on the Subcontractor Database
- Collects and analyses HSSE statistical data (e.g., recordables, injury and learning trends), and identify trends and commonalities in cause and effect
- Leads/ support investigations into OSHA Recordable and Local Reportable injuries and for Golder defined Potential Significant Incidents or Fatalities (pSIF) using ICAM process
- Provides reports to local Senior Leadership and local Business Units on HSSE issues and trends and recommend solutions to address where required
- Promulgates regional HSSE communications and develop local HSSE communication content and methodology (e.g. alerts, newsletters, shares, bulletins, learning reports)
- Provides HSSE Orientation to New Hires and delivers other internal training as required
- Acts as a resource by providing HSSE guidance to office and field staff as needed
You will have a background in:
- Diploma level in HSSE Management or equivalent formal education
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in HSSE with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an HSSE leadership position
- Communicating effectively with various levels of the organization including senior leadership
- Understanding and keeping up to date with changes in the industry and market demands and transferring those effectively into the business where appropriate
- Possessing an in-depth understanding of HSSE legislation, principles, and practices
- Driving HSSE best practices into the organization while balancing objectives
- Travel to offices and project sites as required; may involve travel to remote and/or high-risk locations
- Experience as a Radiation Safety Officer and/or managing a Radiation compliance program and the desire to further develop competency in this area.
- Working knowledge of the Nuclear Safety and Control Act (NSCA) and Regulations and Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Regulations materials
- Experience in Construction, Mining or Oil & Gas industry is desirable
- Experience with Certificate of Recognition (COR) requirements and audit process
- CRSP designation or working towards meeting eligibility requirements is an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.