- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Principal Planner to join our team full-time based in Auckland. Work within the planning and environment team to provide consulting services to private and public sector clients. This role will involve project with both land use and regional planning aspects.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing expert advice in area of speciality, namely planning and inputting into planning, environmental and other related projects;
- Preparing assessments of effects on the environment and presenting evidence at resource management hearings;
- Communicating with internal team members, clients, and external organisations ensuring successful project outcomes and managing client expectations;
- Utilising sound project management skills ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget; and
- Identifying opportunities for clients to improve their business and reduce their environmental liability;
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Planning or equivalent qualification with substantial work experience in planning and resource management including 10 years of demonstrated experience working at a council or alternatively preparing applications for resource consent for submissions to council;
- Full membership (or eligibility for full membership) of the New Zealand Planning Institute;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team and build positive professional relationships within the Golder organization;
- Experience building and managing existing client relationships, and developing new client relationships;
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write clear and concise communications and reports and be able to verbalize in a clear, interactive and respectful manner one-to-one and in meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload and effectively prioritise tasks, and coaching, mentioning and developing a team.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading specialised employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 155 offices in more than 40 countries, Golder's 7,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.