- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Mammoth Disposal, a Waste Connections Company, is currently hiring for a Sustainability Coordinator to join their team!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
The Sustainability Coordinator supports the community through waste reduction education and outreach programs including: business and food waste, construction and demolition, single and multi-family residence outreach, schools, and community events. The Sustainability Coordinator will focus on some of the large projects mentioned above, as well as day-to-day tasks such as answering questions regarding the how-to's of recycling, giving classroom presentations to elementary through college education levels, leading and coordinating Mammoth Disposal site tours, and other work as assigned. This program meets contractual obligations with the Town of Mammoth Lakes, and is an important part of how Waste Connections connects with our local counties and towns. This position will operate independently and in the field for many of the outreach activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for working with local recycling and waste reduction resources.
- Experience with event planning and implementation.
- Intermediate skills in word processing and graphics software including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to conduct complex interpersonal interactions with others, trouble-shoot, solve problems, make decisions, operate independently with discretion, and work effectively under pressure.
- Must have efficient and organized work habits, and be flexible to handle needs as they arise.
- For this role, be able to change direction quickly, work on multiple deadlines simultaneously and prioritize amongst many different projects, both on a daily basis and projects with long term completion goals.
- Experience giving presentations to large and small groups.
- Demonstrated experience working through projects with little supervision from start to finish.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends attending community meetings and events
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)