- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Surgical Program - Dual Unit between Pre Admission Clinic (PAC)and Surgical Day Care (SDC) -**must provide availability up to 0.2 FTE inPAC and 0.8 FTE in SDC**
Status: Temporary Full-Time for approximately 6 months
Hours: Monday to Friday - Various rotating 8, 10and 12hour shifts (subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you'll be doing:
Assessment of patients to establish priorities and create a plan of care; administration of medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician according to established policies and protocols; proficient in educating patients/families about specific surgical procedures and the required care involved in such procedures both pre and post operative.The successful incumbent will also instruct patients and families on topics regarding health education and promotion across the continuum of care. Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health team to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate patient care in consultation with patients and their families.
Registered nurse who applies all aspects of the nursing process in a professional manner within a multi-disciplinary team. This nurse will support the care of the Surgical patient during both preop preparation and post-operative recovery.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Current BCLS Certification required at time of hire
- Must be skilled in IV initiation
- Recent surgical experience required
- Experience in day surgery setting preferred
- Excellent clinical judgement and prioritization
- Recent Pre-Admission Clinic nursing experience preferred
- Experience with phlebotomy and in obtaining ECGs, preferred
- Organized and possessing an ability to work in a team environment
- Caring, compassionate and patient- and family-centered
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge of nursing process, theory, and responsibilities to the profession
- Sound problem-solving, conflict resolution and decision making skills
- Functions independently within scope of practice
- Maximizes utilization of resources
- Evidence of continuing education/learning
- Aware of multicultural issues affecting health care needs
- Basic computer skills- Order Entry module of Meditech, including PCS and Iatrics required
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Salary: $33.56 to $48.05 per hour
Date Posted: October 1, 2020
Application Deadline for Employees: October 8, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.