- Ingram Micro Inc
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Interviews begin in March 2021 for the 2-year IT New Grad Rotation Program beginning in the summer, after graduation.
A two-year rotational program that provides a unique opportunity for comprehensive exposure to Ingram Micro's IT organization, including a total of four rotations (each approximately six months), giving participants a unique blend of technical and leadership development experiences designed to transform top college graduates into our future IT leaders and technologists. At the end of the program, we'll work together to select your next role, to achieve your long-term goals at Ingram Micro.
Embrace change and get a variety of experiences that will help you develop professionally with on-the-job learning and mentorship from some of the brightest minds in the business.
The Technology Rotational Program takes place at Ingram Micro headquarters in Irvine, California. This 2-year program will have 4 rotations, lasting for 6 months each, in the following departments - Product Engineering, Infrastructure, Information Security and IT Project Management Office (PMO).
What you will be doing:
- Working at the forefront of Technology alongside the most passionate team members in the industry
- Gaining real-world experience by working on important and challenging projects
- A combination of rotational assignments, structured learning, formalized feedback and mentoring
- Rolling out innovative technology products working in a multi methodology environment
- Ensuring efficient e-commerce interactions supporting our digital transformation efforts
- Working on systems that make it easier to do business with our customers and vendors
- Anticipating and delivering innovative, cost-effective solutions for our internal business client
- Building an extensive network within the organization
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with a strong academic record with a cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Recent graduate from an accredited college/university program in Computer Science, or Relevant Science and Math disciplines with an IT emphasis is required.
- Practical work experience through internships.
- Understanding of Information Technology, Software Engineering, Data Science, and Business Science disciplines required.
- Keen interest in technology trends and learning new areas of knowledge in technology, digital and eCommerce.
- Motivated in advancing your career in technology and business.
- Novice or higher level of software development skills and specific experience with websites.
- Prior Intern/Co-op experience in IT is highly preferred, as were seeking individuals with strong analytical and technical skills who are up to date with current industry standards, trending software and IT development tools.
- Have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in group settings.
- Creative problem-solving skills and quick thinking, practical, decision making skills.
- Commitment and passion to develop into a cross-functional team member who will make a direct impact on company success.
- Commitment to completing a 2-year program.
- Available to start the New Grad Rotation Program by July 2021 (assumes graduated/received diploma before start date).
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions or future sponsorship.
*This role is very high exposure and a great opportunity to work in one of the largest companies in SoCal in a dynamic industry.
* This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It's a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
*Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not - and will not - tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.