- Canada Samuel, Son & Co
- Job Category
- Manufacturing/Supply Chain/Purchasing
- Job Type
We are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor to come and join our team at our Custom Plate & Profile Service Center located in Delta, BC. This role will ensure that the highest quality product is produced at the lowest price while meeting customer delivery requirements and to ensure that safety policies are followed as directed by management.
- Supervise the daily activities of all plant employees, ensuring the most efficient use of all equipment and processes to meet on time delivery and quality requirements.
- Identify immediate and potential safety hazards and take appropriate steps to control and/or eliminate them in a timely manner.
- Establish a healthy, safe and team-oriented work environment and collaborate with team to ensure production plans are understood and followed.
- Set performance goals and provide ongoing feedback on the achievement of those goals – ensure employees are recognized.
- Ensure that all Quality System policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Demonstrate ongoing continuous improvement by applying lean principles in production planning (uptime, output), plant maintenance, scrap loss, etc.
- Ensure completion and timely submission of all documentation related to process.
- Proactively assess and address the training needs of team members (health & safety, production process, products, lean/six sigma, etc.)
- Enforce and adhere to company policies and/or Collective Bargaining Agreement as applicable.
- Initiate and carry out disciplinary actions as required.
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer applications (i.e. MS Office applications).
- Knowledge of all processes and related equipment.
- Supervisory experience in a plant or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Previous experience in the metals industry is an asset.
- Production Environment; walking required.
- At times, non-climate controlled
- Job may require handling or moving of hazardous waste.
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Talent Development & Coaching
- Strategic Thinking
- Safety Leadership – actively protecting others’ well-being, ensuring compliance with safe operating procedures, and inspiring others’ commitment and maintain a safe work environment.
- Delegation and Empowerment – identifying and leveraging opportunities to accelerate results and build capability by assigning tasks and decision-making responsibilities to individuals with clear boundaries, expectations, support, and follow-up.