- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Clerk II
Department: Neurology/Cardiorespiratory Services
Status:Part-time (must provide availability up 0.4 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Friday - Days, 8 hour shifts (0730-1530). Subject to change based on operational requirements
This is what you'll be doing:
Office clerical functions such as appointment booking, filing and communication with physicians, staff and patients. Other general office duties as required.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Recent office administration diploma from a recognized collegeORrecent equivalent clerical experience in a healthcare setting required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a comparable position required
- Previous Neurology/Neurodiagnostic experience
- Medical terminology certificate required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook and Word
- Minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Fast and accurate data entry skills required
- Experience using theMeditech Registration Module preferred
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently ina busy environment
- Must be physically able to perform job: prolonged periods of time sitting,occasional walking
- Must beavailable for shifts on short notice
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
- Must have Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification or must be willing to obtain prior to employment
Date Posted: October 1, 2020
Internal applications due by: October 8, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.