- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections of Tennessee is looking for a safety conscious Residential Driver to join the team at our location in Knoxville, TN.
In this position you will be operating a rear-load garbage truck on a specified route.
This is a physical job working outside in all weather conditions.
Monday-Friday day shift with occasional Saturdays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. Waste experience preferred, but not required.
• Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
• Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
• Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
• Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
• Courteous interaction with our customers and the ability to provide excellent customer service at all times
• A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 50-55 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Extensive physical activity Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
• Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
• The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
• Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
• Ability to lift 50+lbs throughout the day
• Competitive wage plus overtime
• Performance-based career growth potential
• Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
• Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
• 401(k) with a generous company match
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)