- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
To provide flexibility and to meet business needs, a Material Handler at FLIR is preferred to be cross trained in areas such as Warehousing, Receiving, Shipping, and have working knowledge of Manufacturing and Service organizations. This individual should be proficient in the following areas to provide the flexibility needed meet business demands.
- Maintaining extremely high inventory accuracy verifying part numbers, revisions and counts.
- Transacting material accurately.
- Have high aptitude for computers.
- Troubleshoot moderately complex issues such as missing materials, inventory discrepancies, etc. .
- SAP Experience.
An individual in this position will primarily focus on packing and shipping FLIR products, mostly domestic but also uncontrolled international documents. They will also be required to cover Receiving and some general materials related activities. Under general direction this person will perform a variety of activities to ensure the proper shipment, receipt, storage, and movement of materials. This will support Manufacturing, Service and miscellaneous business processes. FLIR has a rather complicated shipping procedures, do not underestimate how demanding this could be; many products are ITAR controlled. Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all domestic shipments, international documents, also work closely with the Traffic dept. on shipments other than documents (you will not be doing exports documents).
- Properly package outgoing materials to ASTM or Mil Spec standards.
- Knowledge of military specs MIL-Std-129, MIL-Std-130, MIL-Std-2073.
- Dangerous Goods (hazardous materials) certification.
- Processing return to vendor materials.
- FedEx, UPS, Freight Forwarder, various customer portals.
- Receive incoming materials, ensure part numbers, revisions, CofCs, quantities, and enter into the SAP ERP system.
- Interface with Purchasing and Accounts Payable on problem issues.
- Audit receipt transactions and reconcile discrepancies.
Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the storage, distribution and order fulfillment of materials, supplies and equipment. Labels, counts, stocks, issues and verifies stock to support Receiving, Manufacturing, Service, Engineering, Quality, Global Trade Compliance, and Shipping department. Maintains records of transacted materials.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pull materials to meet Production/Service/Engineering requirements of work orders, Kanban bins and material router transactions, including entry into the ERP system (SAP). Counts, stocks, labels and transacts material into specified locations. Works closely with Purchasing, Planning and Quality on the disposition of materials in and out of the discrepant material locations. Coordinates material router transactions related to engineering projects, cost centers, scrap, excess/obsolete inventory, etc. Expedites movement of materials as requested.
- Accurately completes cycle and periodic counting and resolves discrepancies. Troubleshoots and performs root cause analysis on issues such as missing materials, inventory discrepancies, reconciling receiving/shipment discrepancies. Takes necessary steps to properly correct errors, recommends changes to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assist other departments in material analysis using SAP and Excel, related to problem resolution, shipment options, ERP master data, etc.
- On occasion, assist in Receiving to complete PO’s and RMA’s, including verification of paperwork, entry into SAP and delivery of material.
- On occasion, assist Shipping on completion of sales orders, service orders and miscellaneous shipments. This includes part verifications, entry into SAP, coordination with Traffic/Global Trade Compliance, and carrier pickup.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Two to five years’ experience in low volume high complexity electronics environment in Warehousing, Shipping, Receiving or Supply Chain Management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with ERP/MRP programs, preferably SAP.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds, as well as handling material (sliding/shifting/moving) with weights periodically up to 225lbs; and be able to spend 80% of day on your feet.
- Detail oriented and able to research and resolve moderately complex SAP transactional issues.
- Ability to work and adapt within a fast paced rapidly changing environment.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Very high level of accuracy in all work performed.
- Demonstrated ability in navigating browsers, SharePoint, and using Excel and Outlook.
- Familiar with FedEx, UPS, Freight Forwarders and Freight companies.
- Positive attitude, not easily frustrated, and the ability to work varying hours on short notice.
Other possible Qualifications:
- Forklift certified or able to obtain certification.
- Lean experience.
- ITAR experience.
Depending on the situation this position will regularly work eight hours, five days a week and work somewhere between 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Weekends and extended days could be required. Attitude and availability are the most important functions of this position.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.