- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Working in a strong cross functional team environment, this position will be an authority in Systems Engineering determining system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software customer compatibility. This position coordinates the design of product systems by identifying, analyzing, resolving, and recommending design parameters and corrective actions. This position will also lead the development, implementation, and improvement of company engineering processes with a concentration on new and existing product development, project management, intellectual property development, and expansion of overall system engineering capabilities. This position requires a demonstrated competency in decision-making, flexibility, planning and organizing, initiative, interpersonal skills, ability to be a champion of cross-team collaboration, and the ability to help drive the well-being of the overall organization.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate cross functional activities within all electro-optical design/engineering functions; optical, mechanical, electrical, firmware, and software.
- Transform a customer operational need into a description of system configuration and performance using definition, analysis, synthesis, design, test and evaluation methodologies.
- Provide a logical and methodical system design approach to optimize the completeness of the system design including hardware, software, facilities, personnel, and support equipment.
- Manage engineering and business practices that improves design cycles, cost of manufacture, and related support initiatives.
- Provide technical interface with customers.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- BS degree and 8-12 years of experience or MS/PhD degree and 5-8 years of experience in electro-optical and related systems.
- SolidWorks, Mask Design, L-Edit, KLayout, MATLAB, Python, C#, LabVIEW, JMP.
- Understanding of III-V semiconductor device physics including VCSEL and InGaAs/InP senor based devices, related processing, and characterization greatly desired.
- Proven record in project management, product development (phase-gate) and New Product Introductions (NPI).
- Ability to define and conduct experiments to identify the root cause of difficult interdisciplinary technical problems. Capable of analyzing alternate approaches and developing practical solutions to solve complex problems.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork based orientation with ability to establish successful working relationships with product team and others at the company.
- Continuous learner; able to learn new approaches, tools, and methodologies to stay ahead of technology changes as they relate to systems engineering.
- Personal initiative and motivation to achieve desired performance results with projects that support the organization.
- Strong written communication skills to support the dissemination of timely information to collaborative teams.
- Influential oral communication and presentation skills; when making oral and graphical presentations able to secure the interest and involvement of the team while developing/delivering a clear and concise message.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.