- Job Category
- Job Type
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The Engineer is responsible for performing testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian and other international product safety standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients. Under the guidance of a more senior Engineer, may also conduct on and off-site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s).
Key job responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical support to sales team to determine the scope of new projects and develop pricing estimates and project timelines.
- Work with laboratory staff to plan projects, meet the client timelines, and to monitor testing phases.
- Compile data and reports into a final compliance report such as Listings.
- Review quality control procedures in manufacturing facilities to develop Quality Control Testing and Process Control Manuals.
- Conduct engineering reviews of revised products or production processes.
- Attend technical or industry association meetings.
The candidate should possess several of the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science, preferably Materials/Structural Engineering.
- Familiar with North American Building Codes and test standards such as ICC Codes, NBC Canadian Codes, ASTM, CSA, UL Test Standards.
- Hands-on experience in Construction or related practical work is an asset.
- Professional Engineer designation desirable.
- Experience in manufacturing and quality control practices in areas such as: wood products, plastic composites, insulation, gas equipment, concrete, doors and windows, manufactured housing.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills and computer skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.