Systems Application Engineer – Digital Switching
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Job Summary: This person will act as the primary POC for digital switching applications, both sales and support. This person will be part of the Maritime OEM team and actively participate in selling the advantages of Raymarine’s Digital switching solution as well as our partners. This person will be responsible for the primarily layout, configuration, buildout, and implementation of the DS systems aboard OEM customer boats where DS is part of the onboard navigation system. This person will also support field technical support as needed as well as industry trade shows.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support OEM sales team in prospecting for new OEM opportunities where DS is a determining factor.
- Support OEM sales team with onboarding new customers where DS applies
- Create and maintain system layouts and configurations with OEM clients who incorporate DS into their system architecture.
- Work with product support team to rectify issues identified in the field and or customer boats
- Act as a liaison between OEM Sales and PLG team to identify and report issues found in the field; implement fixes as necessary.
- Train OEM engineering teams as needed to support installation at time of production
- Support boat shows and customer events as needed
- 4 - year bachelor’s degree preferred - alternatively, Marine industry trained in engineering applications or similar.
- Marine industry experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and react with relative short notice
- Job requires 50% travel – sometimes short notice
- Ability to manage changing customer demands – Understanding the importance of long term follow up.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.