- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking a Junior Environmental Scientist or Engineer Specializing in Water Quality Modelling for Mining Sector to join its Mine Water Management team in the Greater Toronto Area.
An overview of your role will include:
- Executing project work with a focus on surface water quality issues related to the mining industry in Canada and internationally.
- Completing field studies including flow measurements, water quality sampling, and limnological studies.
- Recording, entering, analyzing, and managing various surface water, water quality, and groundwater data;
- Developing and applying water quality, hydrodynamic, and geochemical models to assess the fate and transport of contaminants in surface water.
- Providing input to project work plans, reports, and proposals
- Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams that combines the skill sets of other specialists to deliver high-end solutions.
You will have a background in:
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences or Geochemistry.
- Experience in the mining sector (preferred, but not required)
- Excellent technical writing and communications skills.
- Ability to learn while working and willing to adapt to new challenges.
- Aptitude for numerical modelling and use of modelling software;
- Experience with the development and application of hydrodynamic, plume delineation, water quality, and/or geochemical models is an asset (e.g., CEQUALW2, Mike, GoldSim, PHREEQC,CORMIX etc.).
- Experience with interpretation of water quality data and understanding of laboratory procedures.
- Advanced data analysis and management skills, and ability to work with and manage large numerical datasets (e.g., using Excel, databases, or other applications)
- At a minimum, an understanding of environmental chemistry in surface water.
- Computer programming experience (e.g., VBA, FORTRAN, Matlab, etc.)
- Willingness to occasionally travel for work, both nationally and internationally.
- Valid driver's license.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.