- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Hood River,OR
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Hood River Garbage, a Waste Connections Company is looking to hire a CDL Driver to run our Refuse / Recycle Route. In this position, you will be responsible for collecting and loading waste, as well as transporting this waste by a rear load truck to a landfill and /or transfer station. This a physically demanding job with big time benefits! We offer competitive pay along with an opportunity to join us for a long term career! If you are a dependable, team-oriented and service-driven person, with a passion for the environment, we may be the perfect place for you! This is a local Route working Monday through Friday 5:30am to 4:00pm with overtime often.
Annual Wage for Driver's before overtime and bonuses is around $50,000-to $52,000.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
What we offer:
- $1,000 Stay on Bonus
- Competitive Wage!
- Yearly Safety Bonuses
- Commission Bonuses of $300.00 up to $3,500!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Uniforms/Safety Gear
- Boot allowances of up to $175.00 a year
- Year Round stable work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform Daily Pre-trip and Post-Trip inspections on vehicles. Such as checking fluids, safety equipment, lights and tire pressure.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 5:30am-2:30pm, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45 hour work week. With overtime often.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Valid Class A or B CDL license with air brake endorsement Required.
- Clean Driving Record.
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. laws
- Ability to work 40-50 hours a week
- Schedule flexibility to work M-F with a starting time of 6am (occasional Saturdays but No Sundays!)
- Willingness to submit to and pass background check and pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to read, write and comprehend reports to complete daily assignments
- Physical demands include:
- Ability to function in a wide variety of environments to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments (i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and move and maneuver up to 100 pounds
- Ability to mount and dismount the truck multiple times every day while on route
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)