- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is seeking a Staff Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to join our US Mine Waste Team in our Anchorage, Alaska office. You will have the opportunity to work as a part of a regional team on challenging mining, heavy civil, and geotechnical projects.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working within our mine waste team on civil and geotechnical engineering projects for the mining industry with opportunities to work on projects in other industries
- Performing engineering tasks such as:
- Site and material characterization
- Facility design including grading, storage capacity, and construction quantity evaluations.
- Slope stability, seepage, consolidation, liner system, and settlement analyses.
- Permafrost soils and cold region related engineering analyses, design, and thermal modeling
- Surface water management facility design and analysis
- Preparing portions of technical reports that document field and laboratory investigations, engineering analyses, and facility designs
- Assisting with the preparation of project design packages including technical drawings, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates
- Performing domestic and international field assignments, such as geotechnical investigations and construction monitoring
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or an equivalent field of study. Master's degree in relevant discipline preferred
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or the ability to complete the exam within 6 months of start date
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to complete engineering calculations and analyses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and on teams
- Comfortable working in remote settings
- Participating in and promoting a safety-first culture
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- 2 years of relevant work experience preferred (including internship or co-op experience)
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.