- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Department: Environmental Services - Housekeeping
Status: Full -time
Hours: Monday toSunday; Evenings; 6:00PM - 2:00AM; 7.5 hour shifts andevery other weekend(Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
As a member of the Environmental Services team, the Helper will be primarily responsible for providing a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Cleaning and disinfecting public areas using methods approved by the Housekeeping and Infection Control departments
- Washing floors, ceilings and walls
- Cleaning inside of windows
- Waste handling
- Related duties as required
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- High School Diploma required
- Recent practical and related experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Must be able to work well in a team setting
- Must possess English language verbal communication skills and literacy skills sufficient to understand verbal and written instructions and to read product labels and procedure manuals
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including: continuous standing and walking, forward bending, pushing/pulling carts and reaching. Some overhead reaching, squatting, climbing and heavy lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate moderate to light equipment required
- May be required to work and adapt to multiple areas
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Salary:$18.23 to $22.79 per hour
Date Posted: October 6 , 2020
Internal Applications due by: October 13 , 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.