Sr. Program Manager
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This position is responsible for leading and supervising designated US DoD program(s) through completion, overseeing successful output. The Senior Program Manager outlines the program goals and objectives, while acting as a liaison between the customer, program team and leadership/executive team. The Senior PM must be a highly organized, goal-oriented individual capable of preparing and tracking project plans, schedules, and budgets. The Senior PM provides monthly status reporting and tracking of CDRLs and/or other project deliverables and has direct coordination with other functions and organizations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategize and outline goals and objectives of the program
- Estimate and implement program budgets
- Set program controls/governance/standards
- Monitor multiple projects through the entire program cycle
- Manage the day-to-day detailed aspects of multiple projects
- Set timelines for goal posts/due dates
- Coordinate and use resources for multiple projects in the program
- Manage and submit program documentation
- Communicate with project team to address potential risks
- Solve problems and issues
- Track program progress
- Communicate program objectives, goals, and progress to program team, upper management, and stakeholders
- Organize cross-projects work within the program
- Lead and mentor project staff and team members
- Set objectives to maximize ROI
- Prepare and present progress and budget reports to program office
- Assist team members when needed to accomplish team goals
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, or related field; Master’s in business or related field preferred
- 10+ years’ of experience in defense program management
- Knowledgeable in US DoD Contracting
- Knowledgeable in program management methodology and techniques; performance evaluation and change management principles
- PMP Certification preferred
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite; working knowledge of program/project management software (MS Project)
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- 15%-20% domestic travel
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George