- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
We have an immediate position available for an experiencedHeavy Diesel Mechanicto support ourRecycling, Composting and Disposal site located in Puyallup area and down into Rainier Washington. Heavy Diesel Mechanicsinterested in secure, steady employment in a family atmosphere are encouraged to apply. This is a Sunday - Thursday day shift position but must be open to working occasional Friday or Saturday.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services on a variety of Heavy Equipment.
- Conducts safety checks and periodic inspections on vehicles and equipment.
- Reviews, trouble shoots and completes repairs identified on Operator Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Minimum 2-5years' experience in heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
- ASE Certifications or equivalent Welding qualified preferred, not required
- Self-started and motivated; ability to work successful independently
- Knowledge of yellow iron/Heavy Equipment is required.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Own and provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
- High School or GED is required.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)