- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Medical Radiation Technologist
Department: Diagnostic Imaging
Hours: Monday to Sunday - various rotating 8 hour shifts (hours are subject to change based on operational requirements)
Site: Milton (provide availability at Oakville and Georgetown as needed)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
The Diagnostic Imaging departments of Halton Healthcare take great pride in knowing we are providing a high quality and safe service within a patient and family centered environment.Guided by our core values of caring, communication, teamwork, respect and competency the Diagnostic Imaging team is committed to providing our patients access to the best possible care at the time they need it most.
This is what you'll be doing :
Performs all x-ray exams as per departmental protocols. Includes radiographic, and fluoroscopic examinations; monitoring/adjusting equipment to ensure high quality images and ensure a safe working environment within the department. Will be trained to perform non contrast CT examination for after hours and weekends.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Graduate of approved training program in Radiography
- Current registration and in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO)
- Must have the knowledge, skills and judgment as identified in the CMRTO "Essential Competencies" to perform the services and procedures that fall within the scope of practice of the profession
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, manage time effectively and produce accurate results while working autonomously or as a team player
- Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills
- Committed to service excellence while meeting the patient/staff needs efficiently
- In keeping with the Hospital Mission, Vision and Core values, maintains and fosters a positive role within the department and to external stakeholders
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills
- Ability to handle stress and conflict management in a professional, effective manner
- Demonstrates excellent leadership qualities
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted: October 8, 2020
Internal applications due by: October 15, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.