- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Intake Assistant
Department: Central Intake Program
Status: Temporary Part-time for approx. 6 months (must provide availability of up to a 0.6 FTE)
Hours: Monday - Sunday - 8 hour days & evenings
Site: Oakville (Bristol Circle)
The Mississauga Halton Central Intake Program serves as the single access point for referrals to community diabetes education, diabetes foot care, addiction and mental health services, MSK hip and knee and low back RAC. The Intake Assistant will be responsible for data entry, referral document completion, appointment booking, phone management, filing and other administrative activities for the regional program.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Review incoming referrals for data completeness and process referrals as per program guidelines
- Data entry of referrals into appropriate electronic system
- Contact referring physicians/healthcare providers and or patients to obtain missing information such as lab results, forms and patient information as needed to completed referral process
- Manage appointment booking for ISAEC Lower Back program referrals
- Manage inquiries from patients, physician offices and partnering programs related to referral status
- Assists the Central Intake Clinician in the maintenance of an current and up-to-date Policy & Procedure manual
- Maintains required secure system of client records.
- Adjusts priorities based on changing work environment and administrative load.
- Assists manager with data collection for statistical and report purposes
- Assists with planning of meetings and minute taking
- Other office tasks such as purchase, payroll, filing, mail management, faxing supply maintenance
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Recent Medical Office Administration Diploma required (recent relevant admin experience in a healthcare settingmay be considered)
- Minimum 3 year experience in a medical office/ healthcare setting required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge and experience in diabetes, mental health and or surgical sector preferred
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy and ensures confidentiality is maintained
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be confident in evolving situations eg. developing and implementing new processes at fast pace
- Must be self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates commitment to on-going learning and able to learn new tasks quickly
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Must be physically able to do the job
- Excellent employment and attendance record
Date Posted: October 8, 2020
Internal applications due by: October 15, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.