- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Our people mean everything to us.
• CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
Rock River Environmental Solutions, a subsidiary of Waste Connections, (RRES) is a full-service environmental waste contractor specializing in waste management and onsite industrial cleaning services. RRES currently has an opening for an Environmental Field Operator / Driver to work in our special waste division. This is a full-time, hourly paid position.
RRES is looking for a Field Specialists / Driver to join our team in Rockford, IL. with at least 2 years experience in the industrial/environmental field who have an interest in the environmental industry. The ability to travel within the Tri-State Area (IL, WI & IA) is required.
- Load & unload, manifest and transport special waste (i.e. non-haz liquid waste) to third party entities (60-100% of the workweek).
- Provide general labor on industrial cleaning projects, decontamination projects, and occasional confined-space work (0-40% of the workweek).
- Operating vacuum trucks (semi-vac tanker or supersucker) and hauling to third party entities, or loading liquid waste / sludges into vacuum boxes;
- Operating semi-van trailers and loading with special waste in drums, totes or on skids;
- Complete paperwork (i.e. waste profiles, job summary forms, daily vehicle inspections, manifests & bills-of-lading) to satisfy the DOT & EPA regulatory requirements
- Class A CDL, will also consider Class B but must obtain Class A within 8 weeks of employment;
- Successful completion of OSHA / DOT physical examination including pre-employment drug screen;
- Valid Drivers License
- Experience on industrial cleaning projects involving pressure washing and / or water blasting and at least 1 year experience operating and driving vacuum trucks is desirable.
- Tanker endorsement (preferred) OR ability/desire to obtain;
- DOT Hazmat endorsement (preferred) OR ability / desire to obtain;
- OSHA Confined Space Training certified OR ability/desire to obtain;
- Current HAZWOPER / 40-hour OSHA Certification (or ability to obtain)
- Basic knowledge of shipping HazMat, EPA / DOT regulated waste, or non-haz special waste using Uniform Manifests
- Competitive wage
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Flexible Spending Account
Apply today and Connect with Your Future
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)