- XPO Logistics, Inc.
- Saint Laurent,QC
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics, XPO Logistics is among the most admired companies in the world according to Fortune Magazine. As the Supervisor, Last Mile Operations, you will coordinate with site leadership to provide support for all home delivery services. You'll find yourself immersed in a rapidly growing environment fueled by achievement and a tenacious team spirit. We'll give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a rewarding career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Assist with managing the daily operations of contract carriers, including maintaining contractor schedules, monitoring reports and cultivating positive working relationships with contract carriers and helpers
- Use route planning software to build efficient delivery routes
- Manage the dispatch of contract carriers; resolve issues throughout the day as needed
- Assist the Operations Manager in identifying problem areas, including restructuring routes to improve operational efficiencies
- Train and develop contract carriers, dispatch and warehouse personnel to meet and exceed the customers' expectations
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of logistics or transportation experience
- 1 year of inventory control and merchandise reconciliation experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and other business applications
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of inventory control and merchandise reconciliation experience
- Strong analytical, communication and time management skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Accommodation email must include:
• Your name
• Job title with location (city/province) and requisition ID
• A clear description of the disability accommodation that you are seeking