- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR UIS is developing next generation UAS platforms, payloads, and technologies. These projects integrate precision sensors to provide unmatched performance in the small drone category. FLIR is looking for a part time electrical or mechatronics engineering intern to support engineering tasks associated with transition to low rate production of these products. This person must be located in Utah Valley or be able to commute daily to Orem, Utah for onsite work.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the design & testing of systems associated with next generation drone UAS.
- Small Electrical and software design tasks – arduino, pcb design, etc
- Data acquisition and analysis to support engineering validation and testing
- Drone test fleet maintenance and repair
- Done and payload low rate manufacturing
- Electrical / mechanical technician activities: Soldering, wire harness assembly, mechanical assembly
- PCB Design experience desired
- C, C++, Arduino software experience
- Excellent soldering skills
- Engineering mindset – active pursuit of mechanical, mechatronics, electrical engineering degree seeking desired
- Comfortable around tools, shop, soldering, electronics, etc.
- Experience utilizing automated data acquisition, measurement tools, and techniques
- US citizen
- Self-starter, self-managed
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.