- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder's Florida Ecology Team is seeking an entry-level Environmental Scientist to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for a variety of ecological evaluations in support of environmental and engineering consulting projects.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Jurisdictional wetland delineation
- Environmental oversight during construction to ensure compliance with permit conditions
- Threatened and endangered species surveys, specifically gopher tortoise
- Assessment of potential impacts to wetlands and/or protected species
- Entrainment sampling at power generation facilities in support of CWA 316(b) compliance
- Support for preparation of FDEP Environmental Resource and US Army Corps of Engineers dredge/fill permits
- Wetland mitigation monitoring
- Local and/or national travel (up to 50% of the time) with possible short-term or long-term assignments at project sites
- Bachelor's in Environmental Science, Wildlife Ecology, Wetland Ecology, Fisheries, or related field.
- Familiarity with Florida wetland ecology, wildlife ecology, and/or botany
- Fluency in regulatory agency guidelines in the state of Florida (FDEP, FWC, USACE, USFWS)
- Capable of producing clear and concise written documents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Comfortable with managing a workflow that includes field work and completion of reporting tasks for multiple projects in a timely manner
- Capable of working independently and effectively with a team
- Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated individual
- FWC Gopher Tortoise Agent preferred
- Minimum one year of environmental consulting experience.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure; Competitive benefits and remuneration packages Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment; Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and, On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.