TFT - Administrative Assistant - Plant Maintenance
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: Plant Maintenance
Status: TemporaryFull-time for approx. 4-6 months
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7.5 hour day shifts
This is what you'll be doing:
To facilitate the efficient operation within the Redevelopment and Facilities Department. Duties will include providing administrative support primarily to the Manager, Plant Maintenance and Infrastructure Renewal Supervisor and staff within the department. Providing support as required to our Redevelopment, Equipment Planning and Security functions will form part of the responsibilities as well. Duties will also include composing and typing correspondence, answering the telephone; scheduling meetings; attending and taking minutes of meetings; maintaining files; updating records; photocopying; working on projects; payroll entry; issuing purchase orders, ordering supplies; act as contact for external service vendors and contractors; The assistant will also support electronic Asset Manager for demand and preventative maintenance.. In addition, responsible for other duties as assigned. Promote effective communication and accountability. Maintain confidentiality and integrity.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Recent Office Administration Diploma required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a comparable position required (combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Proficient in the use of, Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Experience working in a facilities department preferred
- Experience working in a hospital setting preferred
- Experience using a computerized maintenance management system is an asset (Preferably TMS).
- Experience interpret and record minutes of meetings required
- Demonstrates ability to effectively prioritize and organize multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position which requires frequent sitting, standing, bending, and reaching
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required.
Date Posted: October 15, 2020
Internal applications due by: October 22, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.