- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Social Worker
Department: Mental Health Outpatient Services - Eating Disorders Program
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7.5 hour shifts, days & evenings (hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
This is what you'll be doing:
This position provides treatment to children/adolescents and their families living with an eating disorder. As part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, the successful candidate will provide family Based Therapy and co-lead family education and parent groups.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration and membership in good standing with designated college
- Possess appropriate training in a recognized mental health discipline
- Considerable experience in family assessment/treatment within the context of a multi-function mental health and in a psychiatric setting.
- Demonstrated strong multi-discipline team skills required.
- Thorough knowledge of eating disorders and group work skills;
- Knowledge and familiarity with psychiatric disorders and treatment thereof would be a decided asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills are required to explain the programto a variety of stakeholders.
Posted Dated: October16,2020
Internal applicant deadline date:October 23, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns